Keep Your Home Safe
Fuse Board Change
Edinburgh & Lothians
Keep Your Home Safe Fuse Board Change Edinburgh & Lothians
Fuse Board Replacement & Upgrade
We are specialists in upgrading and replacing consumer units (otherwise known as fuse boards or fuse boxes) across Edinburgh, The Lothians and Scottish Borders. Not sure whether your fuse board needs upgraded or replaced? Speak to our expert team, we’d be happy to help.
The Dangers of Faulty or Outdated Fuse Boards
Many people don’t know that faulty or outdated fuse boards can risk causing:
- Electric shocks
- Damage to cables
- Damage to electrical equipment
Fuse Board Regulations
As of January 2016 all fuse boards have to comply with the new AMD3 Bs7671 legislation. Regulation 421.1.201 was introduced because of reports from fire investigators that increasing numbers of fires involved consumer units (fuse boards) with a moulded thermoplastic enclosure (plastic). For more information see the Bs7671 publication on fuse boards.
How to Check Your Fuse Board
It is important to check your fuse board is working properly and doesn’t need to be upgraded or replaced. To ascertain if you need a fuse board upgrade, you should know that:
- All fuse boxes should have a main switch, fuses and/or circuit breakers.
- Your fuse box should not have a wooden back, cast iron switches or what looks like a mix of different fuse boxes.
- If your circuit-breakers trip or fuses regularly blow, then it’s worth getting them checked by a registered electrician.
- Your fuse board should meet the current BS 7671 regulations.